Full Thread Stud
COX INDUSTRIES TF STUDS are designed for fastening applications where the usable thread extends all the way down to the weld flash. Diameters are available in 3/16″ through 1″ in imperial threads and M5 through M24 in metric threads.
All orders for studs include required ferrules.
- Low carbon steel ASTM A29/A108 Grades 1010-1020. Weldable stainless steels are available (except Type 303) with Type 302 being the most common.
- Studs can be produced in any length above the standard minimum (L). Length is listed before weld. Stud diameters 1/2" and below will be approximately 1/8" shorter after welding, 5/8” through 7/8" will be approximately 3/16" shorter after welding and 1" studs will be approximately 1/4" shorter after welding.
- Standard thread is UNC-2A for imperial threads and 6g for metric threads.
- Plating is used to increase a stud's corrosion resistance. Unless specified at time of order, all Cox studs will be supplied plain. Plating options include copper, nickel, zinc and zinc dichromat.
- Upon request, stud ductility can be increased by annealing to 75 Rockwell B for low carbon steel and 90 Rockwell B for stainless steel.
- All orders for studs include required ferrules for welding. Please specify when ordering what type of ferrule is required for your application.
- COX INDUSTRIES studs 1/4” and over are solid fluxed
|D||Min L.||FILLET DIMENSION|
|1/4 – 20||5/8||23/64||7/64|
|5/16 – 18||5/8||7/16||7/64|
|3/8 – 16||3/4||1/2||1/8|
|7/16 – 14||3/4||19/32||9/64|
|1/2 – 13||3/4||11/16||5/32|
|5/8 – 11||1||7/8||3/16|
|3/4 – 10||1-3/16||1-1/16||1/4|
|7/8 – 9||1-1/2||1-1/8||5/16|
|1 – 8||1-1/2||1-3/8||3/8|
|Tensile Strength||61,000 psi min.|
|Yield Strength||49,000 psi min.|
|Elongation (% in 2″)||17% min.|
|Elongation (% in 5x dia)||14% min.|
|Reduction of Area||50% min|
Type A studs shall be general purpose of any type and size used for purposes other than shear transfer in composite beam design and construction.