Reduced Base Stud
COX INDUSTRIES RB STUDS are designed for fastening applications where smaller clearance holes are required. They are available in diameters 1/4″ through 1″.
Alternate reduced base dimensions can be manufactured to allow a closer run-down of nut to the weld flash.
All orders for studs include required ferrules.
- Low carbon steel ASTM A29/A108 Grades 1010-1020. Weldable stainless steels are available (except Type 303) with Type 302 being the most common.
- Studs can be produced in any length above the standard minimum (L). Length is listed before weld. Stud diameters 1/2" and below will be approximately 1/8" shorter after welding, 5/8” through 7/8" will be approximately 3/16" shorter after welding and 1" studs will be approximately 1/4" shorter after welding.
- Standard thread is UNC-2A for imperial threads and 6g for metric threads.
- Plating is used to increase a stud's corrosion resistance. Unless specified at time of order, all Cox studs will be supplied plain. Plating options include copper, nickel, zinc and zinc dichromat.
- Upon request, stud ductility can be increased by annealing to 75 Rockwell B for low carbon steel and 90 Rockwell B for stainless steel.
- All orders for studs include required ferrules for welding. Please specify when ordering what type of ferrule is required for your application.
- COX INDUSTRIES studs 1/4” and over are solid fluxed.
|D||Min L.||C||A||FILLET DIMENSION|
|1/4 – 20||3/4||0.187||3/8||9/32||3/32|
|5/16 – 18||3/4||0.250||3/8||23/64||7/64|
|3/8 – 16||3/4||0.312||3/8||7/16||7/64|
|5/8-11||1 1/4||0.500||5/8||1 1/16||5/32|
|Tensile Strength||61,000 psi min.|
|Yield Strength||49,000 psi min.|
|Elongation (% in 2″)||17% min.|
|Elongation (% in 5x dia)||14% min.|
|Reduction of Area||50% min|
Type A studs shall be general purpose of any type and size used for purposes other than shear transfer in composite beam design and construction.