No Thread Stud
COX INDUSTRIES NT STUDS are designed for a variety of applications. They are used as tong holding of billets in forging applications, refractory anchorage and boiler tube applications. They are also used as axles, locator pins, pivots points, stops and spacers. Diameters are available from 3/16″ through 1″.
All orders for studs include required ferrules.
- Low carbon steel ASTM A29/A108 Grades 1010-1020. Weldable stainless steels are available (except Type 303) with Type 302 being the most common.
- Studs can be produced in any length above the standard minimum (L). Length is listed before weld. Stud diameters 1/2" and below will be approximately 1/8" shorter after welding, 5/8” through 7/8" will be approximately 3/16" shorter after welding and 1" studs will be approximately 1/4" shorter after welding.
- Plating is used to increase a stud's corrosion resistance. Unless specified at time of order, all Cox studs will be supplied plain. Plating options include copper, nickel, zinc and zinc dichromat. Information on other plating materials available upon request.
- Upon request, stud ductility can be increased by annealing to 75 Rockwell B for low carbon steel and 90 Rockwell B for stainless steel.
- All orders for studs include required ferrules for welding. Please specify when ordering what type of ferrule is required for your application.
- COX INDUSTRIES studs 1/4" and over are solid fluxed.
|D||Min L.||FILLET DIMENSION|
Mechanical Properties (as cold drawn)
|Tensile Strength||61,000 psi min.|
|Yield Strength||49,000 psi min.|
|Elongation (% in 2″)||17% min.|
|Elongation (% in 5x dia)||14% min.|
|Reduction of Area||50% min|
Type A studs shall be general purpose of any type and size used for purposes other than shear transfer in composite beam design and construction.