Capacitor Discharge Stud
COX INDUSTRIES CD STUD are designed to be welded to thin sheet metal with the contact or gap capacitor discharge stud welding method. These application methods provide a weld strength that is greater than the strength of the base material. This is all done with little to no reverse side marking of the base material.
Metric and no-thread CD studs are also available from stock.
- Low carbon steel ASTM A29/A108 Grades 1010-1020 with copper flash plating.
- Studs are available in weldable stainless steel.
- Studs are available in weldable aluminum alloys.
- Available in lengths as required.
- Standard thread is UNC-2A and 10-32 is UNF-2A. Metric fasteners are available in 6g.